Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Doing okay

Just wanted to post and let all of you know that I am doing okay today. I was able to go for a walk for the first time in a month. My energy is beginning to return, my boobs are deflating, and my bleeding is down to almost nothing. I had to have my beta hCG test today and will know tonight or tomorrow morning what the results of that are, so we can see if the numbers are decreasing. This is supposed to identify if they took out enough tissue and make sure that my body is returning to normal.

Last night, I came home from work at 11:30pm and Shaun was already in bed, as he had to be at the hospital for clinicals at 7:30am. I stepped in to see if he was awake and leaned over to kiss his forehead. He leaped over and wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my belly and said "I'm sorry. I wanted this baby so badly. I hurt too. And I was bad. I bought Pringles and Oreos. It makes me feel better."

I chuckled a little and remembered that sometimes it takes men a longer time to experience emotion after an event. They tend to do things and then later on FEEL the effects. I feel bad that he has to go through this. But, if Pringles and Oreos make it better, then I will be buying him Pringles and Oreos. And since he suggested it made him feel better, then I decided to give it a try too!

4 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that you are doing ok. It will never be something that you are over, as you know too well. But doing ok is a start! I had a huge smile when I read that Shaun got pringles and oreos. I have been praying for you and I will continue to do so! Tons og hugs and prayers Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. eat 'em on up girlfriend!! :-) hehehe.....it does take men longer for sure to grieve and it comes in different forms.

    jeremy always told me he hurt, but said that hiss number one priority was to take care of me and make sure i was okay and it somewhat overshadowed his grief.......if that makes sense?? i had to hear him say that b/c otherwise i would of thought that i was so "alone..."

    praying for you as the holidays approach...may He give you a peace that only He can give....

    love,
    regina

    ReplyDelete
  3. My hCG is down to 595 from 11,963 last Wednesday, so hopefully it will go down rather quickly!!! So very thankful for all of you and for my GOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Those are awesome #'s! Great news! Hope they stay coming down that fast! :)

    ReplyDelete