Tuesday, September 28, 2010

THE 100th POST!!

It cracks me up to label this post, the 100th post, because IRONICALLY, today I planned to talk about SuPeRsTiTiOn!!!!

According to www.dictionary.com,
Superstition:
–noun
1. a belief or notion, not based on reason or knowledge, in or of the ominous significance of a particular thing, circumstance, occurrence, proceeding, or the like.
2. a system or collection of such beliefs.
3. a custom or act based on such a belief.
4. irrational fear of what is unknown or mysterious, esp. in connection with religion.
5. any blindly accepted belief or notion.

I didn't realize that I held so many superstitions until last week when my overly obsessed brain could not concentrate and much else but baby making. Since I had to give myself shots, I was constantly thinking about babies. Here are a few of my thoughts:

"Omigosh, I only have insurance until September 30. This will be our last chance to do fertility treatments, because I won't be able to afford the cost. I have too much riding on this one month, it probably won't happen."

"I am thinking about this too much, nothing is going to happen when I can't relax."

"I have told way too many people about this being our last month and about the 3 follicles, there is no way the universe will let me be pregnant now, I am always disappointing someone."

"I set myself up for failure all the time. I shouldn't have told anyone that I am giving myself shots, now they won't work."

"Oh, I gave myself the last shot on the full moon, surely I will be pregnant, now."

"I will be able to test on the 10th anniversary date of my mom's death. Is that a good omen or bad omen? She died on Friday the 13th, so it has to be a bad omen."

"This is the 100th post, I better save it for the day I test for pregnancy, because then I will be pregnant for sure!"

"I didn't save the 100th post for pregnancy, so now I am not going to be pregnant."

Last week when I was so overwhelmed, I told my hubby that I just didn't even want to try because I wanted so badly to be a mother that I just knew that there was no way I was ever going to get pregnant. He looked me dead in the face and said, "There is something physiologically wrong with you and that is why you are taking medicine to try to correct it. No amount of superstition is going to supersede the physical issues. If God will allow you to get pregnant this month with the use of meds then He will. If not, then it won't. But, your wanting it more than any other person has no bearing on whether or not you conceive. This irrational thinking will only drive you crazy."

Does a woman's brain ever stop? Does she ever get a chance to breathe? Does her husband make sense?

Yes.

When she lets God fill her with joy. When she prays for peace and for tranquility of her mind. When she sets her heart and mind solely on Him. Meditate on who HE is. The all-powerful, all-knowing, all-loving being that He is.

Father, I pray that you bring me peace of mind. Help me to see only through your eyes and not through the lens of superstition. Bring me calm and peace as I wait 11 more days to test for pregnancy. I pray for your will, your peace and your love to infiltrate my mind. I pray also for me readers to experience this as well. In Jesus' name, AMEN!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post & have thought similar things just this week....when my cycle waited several extra days before coming with a vengeance, My brain was spinning hopeful circles. lol

    Praying God will be praised regardless of outcome this month...I firmly believe God has wonderful plans for your life & family!

    ReplyDelete