Monday, January 24, 2011

What I risk for an opportunity

It is day 3. Today, if I am planning to do this cycle, I need to have an ultrasound. In Ann Arbor. A normally 40 minute drive from my home took one hour and 15 minutes. The light dusting of snow and frigid temperatures were just the combination to make a slippery mess on the roads. Even though I left home an hour before my appointment in anticipation that I would be driving a little slower due to the weather, I was shocked when it was worse than I had thought. I am glad I brought my cell phone with me because when I noticed that it was the time of my appointment, I was still a good 15 minutes away. I called and let the office know that I was running late.

I met the sweet follicle fairy Francie in the exam room and she was training a medical student about what she was doing. She showed him what she was seeing on the monitor, "here is here uterus, which is retroverted. And here is her right ovary." She chuckled a little and said, "Sometimes I don't remember my patients by face, but I can tell you all about their uterus and ovaries! Sunshine has a retroverted uterus and her right ovary is always up here and her left is usually a little more difficult to find...here it is! Is this a sign that I work too much? I know all about each woman's ovaries!" Francie let me know that my endometrium was a nice thin 2 mm, and that I had small follicles on my right ovary but nothing to stop this hybrid cycle from continuing.

So, I will take femara tonight through day 7, and Gonal F day 7-9 and come in for day 10 ultrasound on Jan 31, Monday at 9:30am to see how the follicles and endometrium progressed. Perhaps I will conceive on my 31st birthday, February 1!

On the drive home, the roads didn't seem so bad, so I drove a little faster. And then I came upon an accident scene where a truck and and SUV collided on one of the curves on US12 between Saline and Clinton. It must have just happened moments before I pulled up on it as there was not police there yet and several people were getting out of their cars to check on the victims of the crash. I saw people on their cell phones in an apparent call to 911. I prayed for them as I passed, but from what I could see, it didn't appear to have any severe injuries, as the passengers were talking out of their windows. But, I am grateful that the LORD spared me of that fate. Thank you Jesus. I am risking injury and death for this child.

And moments after I passed this accident, this song came on the radio and reminded me of this verse: "being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus." Philippians 1:6. Listen to this song about God's plan for redemption.

Father, thank you so much for your love. You are amazing!! In Jesus' name, AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment