Friday, October 9, 2009

Day 46, Cycle 2

I know it has been a really long time since I last posted. But, no significant changes happening here. On Cycle Day 46 of Cycle 2 after taking my last active birth control pill on June 20, 2009. The last "period" I had was drug induced due to what I consider to be an anovulatory (without ovulation) cycle. It was 63 days long. So, all in all, I have been waiting for ovulation for 112 days or almost 4 months. Kinda hard to be trying to get pregnant when chances are slim to none that it will happen even if I am "trying". It is truly irritating. During this 2nd cycle I decided to chart my temps, cervical fluids, and use a fertility monitor. It asked me to test for 20 days straight from day 9 and never detected any rise in hormones. I continue to monitor my temps and they are pretty well the same right around 97.6 every day! No real hormonal mood swings. Nothing. I decided to take a pregnancy test anyway, just for fun, this morning, even though I knew what it would say: Negative. Irritating.

So, I consider calling the doctor. I don't know if I should switch doctors or not. Maybe I should see a reproductive endocrinologist, someone who treats infertility? Or should I go see my pre chosen high risk obstetrician? Or should I just continue to monitor and wait it out? Too many questions. I don't really want to take the medroxyprogesterone pills to induce a period again because it didn't seem to work last time. I continue to pray.

Father, you are holy and without blame. Thank you for the gift of knowledge you have given to us. Thank you that you are truly a God who loves when your children are irritated with unanswered prayers. I ask you Lord that you lead me in the decisions that will best show your glory to the world. I know your ways are better than mine and I just continue to pray for your will, not mine. Bless those who are reading this for whatever reason they choose. Let them see you in the midst of this. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment